27 Aug COVID-19 AND DENTISTRY
INFORMATION ABOUT COVID-19 AND DENTISTRY
The Australian Dental Association has recommendations for Dentists to follow to help minimise the Risk Level of Covid in the community at a given point in time.
Currently, Level 1 restrictions apply. Dentists in Queensland are able to provide all levels of dental care to screened, asymptomatic patients.
For 73 years, since 1948 our practice has adapted to changes to provide the best care for our patients and since covid-19 lockdowns in early 2020 we have been making changes to enhance safety for our staff and patients.
Enhanced Practices and Procedures
- Patient and Staff Screening
- Covid Check-in App
- Best Practice Hand Hygiene
- 1.5m Distancing in reception
- Items removed from reception
- Enhanced and frequent Wiping Down of Surfaces
- Using Personal Protective Equipment
- Continue our strict Infection Control Practices which were in place prior to Covid
- Reduced support persons
- Deferral of all patients with virus symptoms including fever, dry cough, difficulty breathing, chest pain, sore throat, loss of taste/smell
- Breaks of 30 minutes between Patients should a patient display symptoms during an appointment
- Strict staff protocol with illness
Our Infection Control Standards remain appropriate and to the standard expected of Accredited Dental Practices in Australia. We are ready and waiting to recommence routine dental procedures when recommended by the ADA and Queensland Government.
Under Level 1 Restrictions we kindly ask patient to defer your appointment if:
- You have been to a hotspot in the previous 14 days
- You have been deemed a close contact in the previous 14 days
- You are under a Isolation/Quarantine Order to stay at home/hotel
- You have any of the following symptoms:
- Dry Cough
- Difficulty breathing/shortness of breath
- Chest Pain or pressure
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
Brisbane Smiles would like to provide assurance to our patients that we are prepared with new controls and procedures in place in addition to our high standards. Our Staff have voluntarily sought Vaccination Advice for the health and safety of themselves, their family and our patients.
The World Health Organisation has information about good personal hygiene available here https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public
If you are concerned about an upcoming Dental Appointment, please give our team a call so that we can put your mind at ease. Now is the time to continue with maintaining your dental health.