01 Jul COVID-19 AND DENTISTRY
Covid-19 Update July 2022
Brisbane Smiles is implementing updated safety measures as the exposure risk to Covid-19 is changing in the community,
To attend Appointments we ask our Patients to assist by:
Respond to Covid Screening Text Message
(48 hours prior to appointments)
Call the Practice if you need to defer an Appointment
When arriving for Appointments we ask you present to reception counter and…
1. Wear a Mask
2. Use the Hand Sanitiser
Brisbane Smiles is following Guidelines set by the Australian Dental Association and the Queensland Government for the Risk Management during the Covid Period.
To be accepted for Appointments, Patients must present as Low Risk, meaning:
Brisbane Smiles will continue to update the Practice’s Covid Risk Assessment as community risks change.
Current Covid Management Protocols include:
We hope that the measures introduced will assist in protecting the health of our patients and team. The practice will continue to adjust and adapt our Appointment Schedule to meet the needs of the Covid Risks.
Enhanced Practices and Procedures
- Patient and Staff Screening
- Covid Check-in App
- Best Practice Hand Hygiene
- 1.5m Distancing in reception
- Items removed from reception
- Enhanced and frequent Wiping Down of Surfaces
- Using Personal Protective Equipment
- Continue our strict Infection Control Practices which were in place prior to Covid
- Reduced support persons
- Deferral of all patients with virus symptoms including fever, dry cough, difficulty breathing, chest pain, sore throat, loss of taste/smell
- Breaks of 30 minutes between Patients should a patient display symptoms during an appointment
- Strict staff protocol with illness
Our Infection Control Standards remain appropriate and to the standard expected of Accredited Dental Practices in Australia. We are ready and waiting to recommence routine dental procedures when recommended by the ADA and Queensland Government.
Brisbane Smiles would like to provide assurance to our patients that we are prepared with new controls and procedures in place in addition to our high standards. Our Staff have voluntarily sought Vaccination Advice for the health and safety of themselves, their family and our patients.
The World Health Organisation has information about good personal hygiene available here https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public
If you are concerned about an upcoming Dental Appointment, please give our team a call so that we can put your mind at ease. Now is the time to continue with maintaining your dental health.